Sunday, July 16, 2017

Ribbon Photo Mobile

This post originally appeared on the Stampin' Up! Corporate Blog on 14th July, 2017.

I'm so very excited to be showing you my creation today and the love (obsession) that I have with the ribbons that Stampin' Up! has to offer this year in the new annual catalogue.

If you've been following me on Instagram or Facebook, you'll know that my first order from the annual catalogue was pretty much all Stampin' Up!'s new ribbons. Swoon!!! They're just stunning and I for one am a very happy girl with what they're offering. There's something for everyone and every occasion. So with that I've made two ribbon photo mobiles and accented them with the Daisy Delight Stamp Set (item 143669) and the Daisy Punch (item 143713).
I made the blue version first and then thought: Why not make a pink one, too? My original idea when I first started thinking about this mobile was to create a blue one and accent it with the Daisy Delight Bundle (item 145361).

 Making the mobile is pretty straight forward. Find a stick from your backyard, cut it to the desired length, and sand it down with some sandpaper until you get your desired look and feel. Cut the ribbon to the desired length. I just measured three times the Stampin' Up! Grid Paper (item 130148) for the length of each ribbon. This ended up being 1.2m or 3.9 feet for each length. I then found the middle of each length and tied the ribbon on to the stick.


 Once all the ribbon is on, you then decorate and embellish it how you want. I cut some Designer Series Paper and cardstock to the size of a Polaroid photo so I could clip it to the ribbons later with the new Gold Library Clips (item 144130)—or you could use the Gold Binder Clips (item 141673).


The blue version was inspired by the colors in the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper (item 144137). The ribbon colors for the pink version came from a picture of a baby blanket that I saved on Pinterest because I love the color combination so much. I did try to use this color combination for another creation a while back but I just couldn't get it quite right. I think it looks stunning in this instance, though. I may be a bit biased, however!


The ribbons used here from left to right: Daffodil Delight 1/4" Double-Stitched Ribbon (item 144116); Night of Navy 1/2" Gingham Ribbon (item 144232); Pool Party 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon (item 144152); Whisper White 3/8" Classic Weave Ribbon (item 144159); Old Olive 3/8" Mini Chevron Ribbon (item 144196); Linen Thread (item 104199); and Night of Navy 5/8" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (item 144189). I just love the array of color!!


On some of the “Polaroids” I added some Gold Glimmer Paper (item 133719) hearts to make it a bit more pretty. The heart comes from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies (item 137547). When making this project I realized that I don't have any heart Framelits except that one. Time to rectify that!


I stamped four of the daisy images from the Daisy Delight Stamp Set in Daffodil Delight ink (item 126944) on Shimmery White Cardstock (item 101910). I then punched them out using the Daisy Punch. Tip: To give each daisy a fuller, more realistic look, bend each petal back by running the side of the Bone Folder (item 102300) along the back of the petal. (This breaks up the fibers in the cardstock a little.)

 Once the petals are curled, adhere two of the daisies together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (item 110755) to make a fuller daisy. For the daisy centers, I stamped on Daffodil Delight Cardstock (item 119683) with Daffodil Delight ink, punched them out using the 1/2" Circle Punch (item 119869), then glued the punched circles to the flower centers. So that the “white” parts of the petal didn't look so stark, I used a Blender Pen (item 126185) to pull a light wash of ink over the petal.


Don't you just love the colors in the pink version? This one I thought I might give to my daughter to hang in her room and then she can add photos of her friends as she wants. I used the following ribbons from left to right: Calypso Coral 1/4" Ombre Ribbon (item 144235); Basic Black 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon (item 144129); Powder Pink 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon (item 144134); Peekaboo Peach 5/8" Crinkle Seam Binding Ribbon (item 144192); Basic Black Solid Baker's Twine (item 141682); Flirty Flamingo 3/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (item 144227); and Silver 3/8" Metallic Edge Ribbon (item 144213).


I wanted the daisies for this one to look a little bit more like Gerberas. I stamped Powder Pink Classic ink (item 144084) on Powder Pink Cardstock (item 144244), again making sure that I curled the petals with the Bone Folder. I love the soft, pretty look of the tone-on-tone ink and cardstock. The centers this time are the new Clear Faceted Gems (item 144142). They're super gorgeous and are available in gold, as well.


 To make this one a bit more fun I stamped the letters for the word “Friends” using the Letters for You Stamp Set (item 141968) and Flirty Flamingo Classic ink (item 141398), then die cut them using the Large Letters Framelits Dies (item 141712). You can change the letters or leave them off altogether as I did with the first mobile.



Again, I used cardstock to make some “Polaroids” and then (when my daughter is ready) she can add the photos she wants. This time I used Smoky Slate Cardstock (item 131202) for the “Polaroid” backing and flicked the Smoky Slate Stampin' Write Marker (item 131261) over it for some fun splatters. The hearts are again from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies, this time die cut from Flirty Flamingo Cardstock (item 141416). So fun and so pretty!
Thanks so much for joining me today. If you have a love for the Stampin' Up! ribbon and trims but hoard them away in a drawer because they're too gorgeous to use...don't! Get them out and use them!! I'm sure they'll be that thing that you were looking for that your creation was missing and they'll give it a lift. Or get them out to make some sort of mobile. Its superfun to do and you'll be surprised by how quickly it comes together.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

Recreate these projects at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:

  1. WOW .... love love love .....
    these are awesome .... you are a "clever dickie"
    XXX Mum ....

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.