Friday, February 24, 2017

Just Add Ink #348 | Just Add Ombre

Welcome, welcome to another Just Add Ink Challenge. This week we are playing around with colour to create an Ombré effect.

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/02/just-add-ink-348just-add-ombre.html

So I looked up the word Ombré on the interwebs to see what it actually means.

Ombré /ˈɒmbr/ (literally "shaded" in French) is the gradual blending of one color hue to another, usually moving tints and shades from light to dark. It has become a popular feature for hair coloring, nail art, and even baking, in addition to its uses in home decorating and graphic design. And also popular in card making too.

I know in the meaning of the word Ombré it says shades from light to dark but for my card I've changed it up and turned it upside down to have it from dark to light.

My card plays around with the black and white theme and then a pop of one other colour, with that being Bermuda Bay. I also had my first play around with the Sponge Brayers in the Annual Catalogue.

Click to see all Stampin' Up!'s products in that colour


To get that Ombré look with the Sponge Brayer you just roll it on your ink pad to pick up the colour and then starting just off your cardstock roll the brayer back and forth till you get the desired colour effect that you are after. It's that easy. I spent about 5 minutes rolling the brayer till I got the colouring and Ombré effect that I was after.


I'm loving the graduation of colour and that this can all be achieved by using just one colour. The colour at the top is so vibrant and bright and then it fades out to a gorgeous soft colour tone.


I've teamed up my Ombré background effect with a portion of the Inside the Lines Sale-a-bration DSP. You may have seen a while back that I coloured a whole sheet in using the watercolour pencils but this time I thought I would leave it black and white to go with the whole theme and look of the card but to also show you that it looks just as fabulous without colouring it in. I'm loving it coloured and not coloured.


Across the background Ombré layer I embossed it with the Large Polka Dot E/F and then flicked Gold Wink of Stella across it, just where the Gold Sequins were to be placed.


I really loved having a play with the Sponge Brayers and the gorgeous effect that it created. If you haven't had play with them, stop by my online store and pick some up today. They are relatively inexpensive and are so fun to play with.

Make sure that you stop by and see what the Just Add Ink girls did for their Ombré creations! They are going to knock your socks off! What a clever lot they are!!! While you are there check out all the details on how to enter your creation! 


Thanks for stopping by!
Live in Australia? Shop for Stampin' Up! products with me

Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this creation at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

(Australian Residents Only)

6 comments:

  1. I think Bermuda with black and white is my new favourite colour combination Rochelle! It looks so vibrant! Love the contrast to the detailed DSP (and what a great way to use that!). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant use of ombré, Rochelle! I love your colour choices too and your circle theme with the EF and beautiful DSP works so perfectly. Thank you for a great challenge :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! Your background is gorgeous Rochelle and that colour combination and design are just so striking...Love those gold WOS speckles too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, Rochelle! Your ombre background is perfect and the added interest from the embossing is such a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rochelle, this is stunning! I love the gorgeous gradation of colour you've achieved on your polka-dot-embossed piece. The uncoloured DSP looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool, Rochelle. The ombre, the embossing, the black, white & bermuda bay scheme, the paper, the texture & little details... a full package of lovely.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.