Friday, July 1, 2016

Just Add Ink #318 - Just Add 'S'

Hello, Hello! Big welcome and hello to you today! Here's to the weekend and to another Just Add Ink Challenge.  This week we have one of our more popular challenges using a letter of the alphabet. This week its Just Add 'S'.

I love these challenges because they show a whole range of creativity using the letter of the challenge as your guideline.
I've used for the first time my Sunshine Sayings Bundle, with the Sunshine Sayings stamp set and the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits. There are lots of words and seniments in the stamp set. Perfect to make up your favourite sentiment. I love the thinlits dies. The font of the words have a fun and modern feel and the heart and flower die make for some fun and funky elements to your creations.


 I started with die cutting the floral die out of water colour paper. I wanted to colour the die and give it a washed look. The water colour paper teamed with and Aqua Painter made it easy to colour it with Daffodil Delight and Garden Green.

I then made my card base out of Shimmery White cardstock, another 'S' element and layered some vellum over it embbossed with the Softly Falling embossing folder
I then layered some Kraft cardstock, embossed with the Large Polka Dots and added a strip of the Daffodil Delight DSP from the 12" x 12" DSP stacks. 

How bright and fun does the 'sunshine' look cut out of Daffodil Delight cardstock. It just 'pops' right off the card. Just looking at it makes me long for the warmer days of spring and summer and really hoping that winter will be over soon. 

You really must pop over to the blog and check out all the other Just Add Ink DT's cards. There really is something for everyone with all the different creations! While you are there check out all the details on how to enter your creation.

I'm so looking forward to seeing all your creations and whatever 'S' inspires you!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
(Australian Residents Only)
  Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.



2 comments:

  1. So much sunshine in this Rochelle! Watercolouring flower is a brilliant way to customise it and I love your idea of overlaying the embossed vellum too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fresh and definitely has me looking forward to Sping and sunshine too! Your mix of colours with the Kraft polka dots and strip of daffodil DSP and the snowfield of vellum is totally gorgeous and I love the stitching details and sparkle of the enamel shapes. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.