Saturday, April 16, 2016

Birthday Blooms Dear Friend | Global Design Project 031

I've finally had a bit of time this week just to play. Not to create for my Design Team commitments but to create just because. I thought that it was a good time to enter a challenge and what better challenge to enter than the one over at Global Design Project. Make sure you click on the link to see all the fabulous inspiration fron the fabulous Design Team at GDP. There are some amazing creations there thats for sure! This week at GSP its a theme challenge with the theme being Nature.

I've pulled out my Birthday Blooms stamp set for some more water colouring action. This stamp set is perfect to colour and its something you can easily do if you have an injured finger on the other hand. Just check out my Facebook page to see what happened to my thumb. Oops. Thumbs and sharp knives don't mix. Ouch!
The base DSP is from the Go Wild DSP stack. I love the large black and white stripes and think they make a striking contrast for the soft water coloured Birthday Blooms floral image.


I've water coloured the floral image with Blushing Bride, Old Olive and SO Saffron. With the Blushing Bride colour I laid down a light layer first and then went over it again to add a depth of colour.


With colouring with the Old Olive colour on the leaves I wet the leaves first with my Aqua painter and then laid down the colour. Having the water colour paper wet made it very easy to move the colour around. It almost moved itself.


It's all finished off with some Basic Black Stitch Satin Ribbon, leaves from the Bird Builder Punch, Gold Metallic Thread, Burlap Ribbon and sequins from the Metallics Sequins Assortment.


The circle behind the floral bloom I pierced with the Paper Piercing Tool and the one of the circles from the  Updated Essentials Paper Piercing Pack and then hand stitched some of the Gold Metallic thread though the holes.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope that you've been inspired by my nature creation.

  Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

7 comments:

  1. Love this card a heaps Rochelle! Especially the pretty gold stitching in the background. Thanks for sharing! I need to stitch a wee bit more on my cards.
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolynn! I'm loving the stitching at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card, Rochelle! Such a great composition and contrast of the bold and soft. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project Nature Theme Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying over this card! All of the details, the black and white ... beautiful! thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project - Krista

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.