WOO HOO! Its Just Add Ink time! This week at Just Add Ink we are celebrating our 300th Challenge with a sketch challenge. It's a fantastic achievement and I'm so excited to be a part of it!
I've been staring at the sketch all week trying to nut something out. Usually I find the sketch challenges come to me quite easily but this time it wasn't to be the case. I tried a few different things but nothing seemed to be coming together like I had imagined. I put my card aside and thought something might come to me if I leave it for a while.
Something caught my eye this morning when I was getting my kiddies up to get ready for school and I thought that might work. I actually walked past some prints that I have hanging in my home with some butterflies on it and really loved the colouring of them and then the card all went from there. I really love it when the inspiration hits you like that from random things.
I cut the butterfly out vellum and then sponged Soft Suede, Early Espresso and Melon Mambo over the butterfly. Try to be a bit gentle when sponging over the die cut butterfly. If you are too quick and a bit heavy handed you can rip and tear the butterfly and then you'll have to start all over again. I may or may not had to sponge about 3 butterflies due to tearing them. Just sayin'.
On the circle behind the butterfly I've stamped and embossed one of the splatter images from Gorgeous Grunge with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. You could get a similar look by flicking the Gold Wink of Stella Brush on the card stock too.
The fleur-de-lis image is from the Timeless Texture stamp set. And did you notice that strip of gold glimmer? That's the new Sale-a-bration FREEBIE the Metallics Glitter Tape. You get three rolls, one of each colour, gold, silver and white so it can go with any of your creations. Its fantastic and so sparkly and the best thing is that you don't even have to cut it you can just tear it like Washi tape. So easy. Loving it!
To make this challenge a little bit more special there are prizes for the 3 winners of this challenge. The usual challenge rules apply -
- Create a card, layout or 3D project using our challenge as inspiration.
- Link your post, NOT your whole blog.
- Your project must be new, created for this challenge and combined with no more than 5 other challenges.
- Please mention JUST ADD INK in your blog post and provide a link so others can come and join in the fun too.
- Please DO NOT use your challenge entry as self promotion. We are here to have fun and encourage creativity.
- We reserve the right to remove links that do not comply with the above guidelines.
- The challenge closes each Wednesday at 10.00 pm (AEST) Australian Eastern Standard Time.
So looking forward to seeing your creations!
Last but not least make sure that you check out the rest of the fabulous creations from the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team and show them some comment love! We so love to know what you think of our creations!
Thanks so much for stopping by!